December 4, 2017

#KC_SaidIt - 'Book Banning, School Officials, Oh My!'

One of the things I absolutely cannot stand is my commute every morning to work. The DMV traffic is a nightmare and is highly unpredictable. To help pass the time, I've decided to take one of my Instagram picture hashtags, #KC_SaidIt and flip it into a video post from my truck. I will be discussing various topics, mostly library related and some on some of the social issues of our day. It's my view and opinion so I'm telling you right now, I'm bound to make you mad! 

Here's my first video where I'm discussing the recent controversial action of the school Superintendent of the Katy ISD of Texas. This educator removed Angie Thomas, "The Hate U Give," from the library bookshelves, and without following the guidelines of the reconsideration policy for libraries. Unfortunately, this man is going to learn a valuable lesson the hard way. 

 Enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment