October 19, 2014

Thank You!

Finding books on a limited budget that my advanced readers will enjoy has been challenging this year.   I'm so happy that my students are reading heavily, but the problem is I can't keep up.  

Last week I had received a box full of donated books from Chicago author, Darrin Lowery.   He said that he had read a post on author Treasure Blue's Facebook page about me and the work I do to get teens reading.  His 'Congratulations' series is about real life events that take place in Chicago that my students can relate to.  The response to the books has been very positive.  My students are enjoying reading a story where their hometown Chicago is used as the backdrop.  A young lady read one of the books in two days and came back for another one.   Mr. Lowery all I can say is...
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You


No comments:

Post a Comment