September 13, 2014

Four Angels Resting In Heaven

God woke me up this morning at 2:00am, I couldn't sleep.  It took me a couple of hours to get my head together to write this post;  It's one that no teacher should have to write.

The Phillips High School family has lost four angels.  My student Carliysia, her siblings Carlvon, Shamarion and Eriana passed away on Monday as a result of a house fire.   While the investigation continues, a family is grieving the loss of children.  Their father, Carl is my co-worker and a devoted father not only to his children but all children he comes in contact with.   His oldest daughter Carliysia was a sweet child, an honor roll student, athlete and enjoyed life.  Their passing hurts so much.

Below are two poems dedicated to Carl's children and a tribute song, 'Jesus Is Love'.   A memorial fund has been established to help finance a proper service for four angels.  If you would like to contribute, please click the link below and you will be redirected to a GoFundMe Memorial page.

Clark Memorial Fund - http://www.gofundme.com/e8xib4


Teenager In Heaven 

by Ron Tranmer


Death is not just for the old.
Sometimes the young die too.
You were only in your teens
When angels came for you.

It’s very hard to understand
Why you died so young.
You had so much to live for
And was loved by everyone.

But we know God has a purpose
And a plan for each of us.
We know He loves His children,
And in Him we put all trust.

Although our hearts are broken,
We know you’re in His care.
Your memory will remain alive
Until we join you there



A Peek Into Heaven
by Callie Sanders Thornton

Just one little peek into heaven,
Is all I'm asking for today.
I just want to know how they are doing,
And heaven seems so far away.

Are they playing on the clouds with angels?
Are they laughing and running today?
Do they miss us?
I guess only they know.
Oh why does heaven seem so far away?

If you just let me look for a moment,
To catch a glimpse of their sweet smiling faces,
I promise I won't try to take them,
I know, they are in a better place.

Just one little peek into heaven,
Is all I'm asking for today.
I just want to know how they are doing,
And heaven seems so far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment