June 12, 2014

Just Bring Them Back!

First period book return
During this time of the year I have to scramble to to get my books back from my students.  Last year I stopped charging late fees to encourage my students to bring their books back and not keep them out of fear.   So far, the book return has been going very well this year.  Above is a picture of some books that were returned during first period earlier this week.  
Returning a book from his favorite Manga series.
So far it's working but I decided to do something a little different this year.  My students created a PSA about returning library books.  I gave them some basic information and encouraged them to be creative and encourage their peers to return the books in their own voice.   What I appreciate greatly is my students really understand how challenging it is to get all of my books back at the end of the school year.
I guard my precious four library book carts with my life!
The students used iPads and a MacBook Pro to shoot and edit the video.  They also included a funny voice over along with two things that I love:  Bob Marley music and cats.  Intrigued?  The outtakes of the video are hilarious.  The students were really critical about shooting the video and making it just right.  I'm proud of them and they did a great job!  Take a look at this funny presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment