April 13, 2013

Collection Development and Street Lit.

CPS Librarian Hall of Fame Sideshow
Yesterday I gave a presentation at my district's annual librarian professional development day at the Chicago History Museum.  My presentation, "Urban Fiction/Street Literature Collection Development for School Libraries" provided librarians with a blue print for including great Street Lit. reads for 6th-12th students.  Books that appear on my list also include adult Street Lit. titles that teens would enjoy reading.  
So far, this year has been a wonderful school year for me.  My work with using technology with teens  has been highlighted and I have gained so much from learning from others during special training sessions.  The highlight of yesterday's professional development was my induction into the Chicago Public School's Librarian Hall of Fame.  To receive this recognition from my librarian peers meant more to me than all of the awards/recognition I've received this year.  As I said at the beginning of my presentation, "I'm a librarian, and it happens to be the best job on the planet!."

Enjoy the presentation below!

No comments:

Post a Comment